Drugstore Nude Lipstick Review

12:20

Hello Everyone!

I’ve been on the hunt for a nude drugstore lipstick and I picked up a couple to review for you. The two I picked up were Revlon’s Extreme Super Lustrous Lipstick Matte in Nude Attitude (001) and Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish by Kate in 40.




Left is the Rimmel London by Kate and Right is Revlon's Matte Nude Attitude

First let’s talk about the Rimmel London by Kate nude lipstick. The packaging is beautiful and the product smells so yummy! As soon as I applied it I could tell that it was super creamy which is great for my lips as they tend to be on the drier side. The colour was super light though, much lighter than I had anticipated, however I ended up liking it. There was definitely transfer of the product though and so it would definitely need to be reapplied throughout the day. Considering it retails for about $7 Canadian (probably about $5.50 US) I think it’s pretty good for the price you’re paying. Here’s a photo of it in natural light:


Next is the Revlon Matte Nude lipstick. It doesn’t have any special scent and the packaging is pretty classic with the black body and gold finishing. It was pretty creamy which I found surprising as it is a matte lipstick, although not as creamy as the Kate lipstick. I found that the coverage for this lipstick wasn’t as great as I wanted. If you can see in the photo below, it was kind of patchy and didn’t really have full coverage. This one retails for $6 Canadian (about $4.70 US) however I don’t think it’s something I would purchase again.


Overall, the Kate lipstick was my favourite of the two, however if you’re looking for more of a matte finish it’s not the way to go. I’m still on the hunt for the best drugstore nude lipstick and so I’ll keep you all posted!

Jessiré

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images