Tips for Dry Lips

08:04

Hello Lovelies!

If you're anything like me, your lips are dry 24/7 and this makes putting on lipstick absolutely dreadful. I've tried TONS of beauty hacks and tricks but none of them have ever really worked out for my lips. I used to use the honey and sugar lip scrub as my primary means of removing the dry bits from my lips before putting on lipstick. Most of the time it was great, however I found when my lips were super dry the scrub would be too harsh and cause my lips to crack and bleed. Maybe I'm just an aggressive lip scrubber? Who knows! Anyways, I found this technique to be the most effective if I moisturized my lips beforehand or if I did it right out of the shower. This way the skin was softer and easier to work with and no more cracking or bleeding!

Although that was a great method, I've found something that works even better for my sensitive lips. I'm not sure if you've heard of it but it's the toothbrush method. Basically, I'll moisturize my lips with some sort of lip balm, let that sit for a couple of minutes, then take a toothbrush and gently brush my lips. Once I'm done I'll apply lip balm again and it keeps them super soft and luscious! I do this almost every day to keep them as soft as possible.

Have you used these methods before? Give them a try and let me know what you think!

-Jessiré
xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images